Monday, April 4, 2011

thee weekend in sports

if there were no sports, who would cheer for the nimrods?
NBA - The Celtics went .500 this weekend, getting use to them not wanting to win lately anywho. Rondo. But the biggest NBA news was the man, the myth, the legend Dennis "the worm" Rodman being selected to the 2011 NBA Hall of Fame. Yes. Averaging 13.1 rebounds a game for his career, Rodman is a lock for my Mount Rushmore of favorite players of all time. Along with Bird, Lebron and Mark Madsen.

NASCAR - Was really hard for me to cheer against Dale Jr. to win the race at Martinsville on Sunday. Took the lead with 30 laps to go but couldn't hold on with a fairly loose car. It was however, not hard for me to cheer for Kevin Harvick back in victory lane, tall boy of Budweiser and all. First time he's won two races back to back since the Fall of 2006. #chevyracing

NCAAB - Although I am getting old of Butler, for reasons unknown.. My bracket is still alive! UCONN continues to not go away, winning their last 10 games in both Big East and NCAA Tournament play. With everyone's bracket being busted early on, my UCONN pick has rocketed me into 1st place in all of the two brackets I entered. Winning me #fivewholedollars and the Sorry I'm Not Sorry challenge. Don't ask.

Cricket - After spending a winter in Australia, cricket became my 4th favorite sport. Right behind NASCAR and right in front of Rock, Paper, Scissors who had a rough weekend. With Australia going through tough times with #winning lately. It was fun to see India get their ever World Cup. Now I can celebrate with my mom's boss Dr. Thakkar and the fifteen annoying kids playing pool every Saturday night at work.




1 comment:

  1. lebron over kg on your rushmore of basketball. is this actually adam oestreich?

    ReplyDelete